Frequently Asked Questions on Hypnosis
1. What is hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a process of entering into the state of mind called a trance. The trance is a very natural state of mind that we experience regularly. When we are engrossed in reading a book and are unaware of everything else around us and any things that are presently going on in our life, we are in a trance. This can also happen at a while watching a move or live performance. While at work when we find ourself losing track of all that is going on around us and start to daydream, we are in a trance.
Your Rockland County hypnotherapist has the skill to gently guide you into this state of mind and while you are in this state state, your subconscious is open to incorporating new beliefs and attitudes. Then your conscious mind can be influenced to act upon these new thoughts within your subconscious mind.
2. What is holistic hypnosis?
Most hypnotists will guide you to resolve your particular challenges. But a holistic hypnotist will additionally encourage you to make important and healthy complimentary changes. One example of our holistic approach is in our smoking cessation program, where besides quitting smoking you’ll be inspired and educated to eat healthier, sleep better sleep and exercise more, so that you can live a healthier life.
3. What does it feel like to be in hypnosis? People really enjoy being in this relaxed state of mind.
4. How many sessions will I need?
This will depend on what you are looking for help with. Although our quit smoking hypnosis program encompasses only one session, our other programs will typically include a first session that will last 1 hour and 45 minutes. We recommend to days later, having a 1 hour hypnosis reinforcement session. Any future hypnosis sessions desired are 45 minutes long.
5. What will my first session of hypnotherapy entail?
Your first hypnosis session will involve going over your confidential questionnaires and coaching you briefly on your lifestyle before learning about your goals and what you wish to accomplish from your hypnotherapy. Then, using hypnotherapy, you will be guided into a relaxing trance state during which suggestions will be offered to your subconscious mind to absorb and utilize.
6. What forms of payment does the Advanced Hypnosis Center of Rockland County, NY accept? We accept all major credit cards and checks and cash.
7. What should I know about your Skype sessions? Skype sessions function similarly to office visits, except that you can benefit for hypnosis remotely.
8. How do I schedule a hypnotherapy session? The easiest and fastest way to make an appointment is simply to go to our Contact Us page and fill out the form or call our Rockland County, NY hypnotherapy office at (800) 749-0840. You will be emailed our confidential questionnaires to answer.